Sunday, October 6, 2013

October Country

My favorite month has begun and I have every intention of doing it too the max.

Apple cider, pumpkin patches, haunted houses, costumes, and horror movies are all on the agenda. In fact, we’ve already begun celebrating Halloween in my house. Or, perhaps it would be more accurate to say, we never stop celebrating Halloween in our house. A good look around the place will reveal that we’re always decorated for October.

Gargoyles keep sprouting up in the corners to look out for us. And everywhere you look are skeletons to keep you company.

I feel most at home with things a little spooky around. And every October I seem to find a little something new to add to the collection.

In addition to our general Halloween fun, Anthony and I have been hosting a movie night titled, “Six Nights of Horror”. Each weekend, for the six weeks leading up to Halloween we will be having a screening of a horror movie. Some are classics, some are obscure, others are really more horror comedy, but we’re making sure to dive deep into every aspect of the genre.

I’ll make sure to post our whole screening list here soon. And expect a post about this weekend’s screening. It’s going to be a double feature!

No comments:

Post a Comment