Saturday, October 5, 2013

Reboots

The idea of “reboots” can be a polarizing one. For example, if someone came to you today and told you that they were going to reboot your favorite childhood movie, you would probably react strongly. Positive or negative, you would be moved by that information.

On the flip side, we reboot our computers all the time (or, at least I do). In fact, the easiest way to fix the damn things sometimes seems to be to just turn them off and then turn them back on.
It seems to me that reboots are a pretty natural part of human life. We try something and see how it goes. If it’s successful we might leave it alone for a while, but, eventually, we pick it up again. Start over, or take a new twist on the material. We reboot our work.

In that context I can really get behind the idea of reboots.

So why all this talk to reboots? Because it’s about time I rebooted this blog. I’ve only ever started in earnest to blog once or twice, and it always ended in dismal defeat. But this time I’m going to work for something different. I’m going to try to stick with it and see what life is like on the other side of the reboot.

I can’t guarantee what all I’ll post about. (You can safely assume, books, science fiction, comics, my band, and other projects) I hope to expand the edges of what I write about slowly but surely.
Here’s to the reboot!

No comments:

Post a Comment